2014 m. vasario 8 d., šeštadienis

DIY Velvet Manicure



Another day, another crazy nail trend! I’m beginning to think someone at Ciaté literally went to an arts and crafts store, stood in the scrapbook aisle and picked out scrapbooking materials they thought could pass as nail art. First was, of course, the Caviar manicure. Now there is the Velvet manicure. Ciaté has not launched their Velvet Manicure kits yet, though they are supposed to land at Sephora within a month or so. The Caviar kits are $25, so I imagine the Velvet manicure kits will be similarly priced.
Anyway, there is no reason to spend $25 to get on the Velvet Manicure bandwagon. I spent less than $7 at Michaels on supplies for these manicures. There is a step by step guide below the jump (and a ton of pictures!)! Make sure to leave a comment tell me whether or not you love this look or think it’s super silly.




What you need:
  1. Nail polish! Any color will work. I do find creme formulas work best.
  2. Flocking powder. I got mine at Michaels in the scrapbooking aisle.
How to:
  1. Apply one coat of polish to all of your fingers.
  2. Doing one nail at a time, apply a thick second coat of polish. Sprinkle flocking powder over the nail. Press down on the nail to make sure the flocking powder adheres. Repeat on the rest of your nails!
  3. Make sure to let your nails completely dry before doing anything.
See, super simple! This is alot easier than doing a Caviar manicure. But it doesn’t last any longer! About a day is all your going to get out of this manicure.




A couple of issues I ran into when I was testing out these velvet manicures. If you have a pet, do not pet them! I made this mistake and I had cat hair stuck to my nails for the entire day. Also, if you get anything on your nail, particularly liquid (think coffee or foundation) it’s hard, if not impossible, to remove the stain.
This was fun to do and it was something different. But there is something seriously weird about furry nails!






Don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know what you think about velvet manis!










Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą